We are currently looking for a person to fill the role of Centre Manager for the Russian Arctic Convoy Museum located in Aultbea.
The main responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Welcoming and assisting visitors to the Museum.
- Answering phone and email enquiries from visitors.
- Managing the staff and volunteer rotas and procedures.
- Liaising with the Social Media manager to promote the museum and gift shop online. Familiarity with Facebook and Instagram desirable but not essential.
- Running the gift shop. This involves researching and ordering new stock, receiving deliveries, pricing and displaying stock.
- Running the online shop. This involves answering customer enquiries, packing and shipping orders, photographing and listing stock online.
- Managing and reconciling the daily takings and reporting to the Treasurer on a regular basis. Arranging for cash takings to be banked.
- Working with the committee on tasks related to the museum, including on-going work on museum accreditation, future displays and building maintenance.
- Ensuring site security.
- Ensuring health and safety compliance.
Whilst experience in retail is desirable it is not essential and training will be provided. The ability to deal with the public in a friendly manner is important given the many thousands of visitors each year.
The position will have a salary of £20,500 per year.
Please apply by email with a CV and a short letter to: email@example.com.